Searching for a lawyer can be stressful and overwhelming especially when you don’t know where to start. On this week’s #TuesdayTip’s article, the attorneys at ERA Law Group, LLC want to give you some pointers on how to find your attorney. Below we’ve identified 5 resources to consider while begin your search:
- Lawyer Referral Services. Call your local bar association and see if there is a referral panel. Counties such as Prince George’s and Anne Arundel can refer you to an attorney that can assist you with your specific matter.
- Utilize attorney search engines. Look up attorneys in your area with sites like Avvo.com. Attorneys who maintain their profiles often identify their practice areas, contact information, rates, and you may also find former client reviews.
- Attorney Websites. You can review attorney bios, practice areas, information about the firm, and other resources that they may include on their website.
- Social Media. Many attorneys and firms utilize social media networks such as Facebook to promote their firm and often post recent articles, blog posts, and upcoming events.
- Word of Mouth. You likely know someone that has needed an attorney at some point in their life. Ask your friends and family for recommendations.
Above all, meeting your potential attorney is key. You want to make sure you connect, trust, and communicate with your prospective attorney. Here at ERA Law Group, LLC we are passionate about ensuring our clients feel comfortable and their voices are heard. Call the attorneys at ERA today at (443) 906-3566 and schedule your consultation!